[pgcon-announce] PGCon Developer Unconference Deadlines!

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Fri Jun 12 18:11:44 UTC 2015

All,

Thank you for the excellent response regarding the Developer
Unconference which will be held Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday
next week at PGCon!

With all of the interest and the great talks, we'll need a bit of time
to schedule the sessions to maximize your ability to attend the talks
you are interested in- but that also means we really need you to
indicate which talks you want to be at!

To that point, we'd like to suggest two deadlines:

  Talk Submission Deadline: Saturday, June 13th 11:59pm.
  Talk Interest Deadline: Sunday, June 14th, 11:59pm.

These are not 'hard' deadlines, but we want everyone to get their talks
in, so people can indicate their interest in them prior to when we
schedule the talks.

Note that the talk slots will be scheduled based on the number of
attendees.  Further, some of the talks may be cancelled if there are no
interested attendees (eg, the "Infrastructure Q&A" is for those who wish
to ask questions of the infrastructure team; if no one wants to do that,
then we'll meet independently and not take up a slot).

I am planning to schedule the talks on Monday, after I arrive in Ottawa
(around 3pm).  I will indicate when I start at the top of the wiki page-
please do not modify the wiki page once I have started the scheduling.
I'll also do my best to schedule based on when individuals arrive, so
thank you for indicating if you'll be able to attend on Tuesday or not.

	Thanks again!

		Stephen