[pgcon-volunteers] Video

Greg Stark stark at mit.edu
Wed Jun 7 23:53:28 UTC 2017

On 7 June 2017 at 08:23, Vik Fearing <vikreykja at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What cables / adaptors were missing?
>

> It seems laptops these days are ill-equiped to deal with VGA.  I don't think
> I hosted a single room where I did not need to provide an adapter for the
> speaker.

I would concur. I think the room bag should contain a mini-DP, an
HDMI, and a USB-C adapter.  It's kind of weird that we can only handle
VGA but I know getting new capture devices for digital signals would
be an annoying expense (and splitting would be more complex).

It's also kind of awful that people have to wear two microphones. It's
not actually hugely inconvenient but I think it just looks
unprofessional to people.

--
greg