[pgcon-announce] PGCon 2011 - a few notes
dan at langille.org
Wed May 18 13:49:49 BST 2011
The first day of talks for PGCon 2011 starts on Thursday. Here are a few last minute notes that you need to be be aware of.
* There are two times and locations to get your registration pack
* the Royal Oak on Wednesday (we start at 3pm, and go until it looks like no more people are coming; possibly as late as 6 or 7pm).
* the lobby of DMS from 8:15 AM on Thursday
* map: http://goo.gl/maps/iVSg
* We still have a few more openings for lightning talks! Submit yours!!
"A regular feature, PGCon will have a Lightning talks session, with presentations on diverse topics.
The format remains essentially the same: in a one hour period, audiences are entertained and informed by a rapid fire series of short talks on interesting new or on-going work by individuals or groups. Slides aer permitted, but not obligatory; pictures are highly recommended. Topic areas include new open source software projects, works in progress for future releases of existing projects, student projects, etc. Lightning talks topics this year may make good conference papers next year!"
EVENING SOCIAL EVENT
EnterpriseDB are sponsoring this event for all PGCon 2011 attendees. Dinner and drinks will be provided. See the map on the website for directions to the venue.
The Velvet Room 62 York St Ottawa, ON K1N 8Y3 - 6:30pm-8:30pm
Dan Langille - http://langille.org
More information about the pgcon-announce