[pgcon-announce] PGCon 2023 call for papers

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Dec 29 13:52:31 UTC 2022

PGCon 2023 will be on May 30 - June 2 at University of Ottawa.

* Tutorials: May 30 2023 (Tue)
* Talks: May 31 - June 1 2023 (Wed-Thu)
* Unconference: June 2 2023 (Fri)

NOTE: The unconference covers mostly hacking topics.

Seehttps://www.pgcon.org/2023/ <https://www.pgcon.org/2022/>  for more information.

We are now accepting proposals for the main part of the conference
(May 31 - Jun 1). Proposals can be quite simple. We do not require
academic-style papers.

My apologies for the lateness of this email announcement. The CFP was
mentioned on the website and various social media, but we did not post
to the list until today. Again, sorry for that.

If you are doing something interesting with PostgreSQL, please submit
a proposal.  You might be one of the backend hackers or work on a
PostgreSQL related project and want to share your know-how with
others. You might be developing an interesting system using PostgreSQL
as the foundation. Perhaps you migrated from another database to
PostgreSQL and would like to share details.  These, and other stories
are welcome. Both users and developers are encouraged to share their
experiences.

Here are a some ideas to jump start your proposal process:

- novel ways in which PostgreSQL is used
- migration of production systems from another database
- data warehousing
- tuning PostgreSQL for different work loads
- replication and clustering
- hacking the PostgreSQL code
- PostgreSQL derivatives and forks
- applications built around PostgreSQL
- benchmarking and performance engineering
- case studies
- location-aware and mapping software with PostGIS
- The latest PostgreSQL features and features in development
- research and teaching with PostgreSQL
- things the PostgreSQL project could do better
- integrating PostgreSQL with 3rd-party software

Both users and developers are encouraged to share their experiences.

The schedule is:

  1 Dec 2022 Proposal acceptance begins
19 Jan 2023 Proposal acceptance ends
19 Feb 2023 Confirmation of accepted proposals

NOTE: the call for lightning talks will go out very close to the
conference. Do not submit lightning talks proposals until then.

See alsohttp://www.pgcon.org/2023/papers.php <http://www.pgcon.org/2022/papers.php>

Notes on submitting a proposal to PGCon 2023 are available
from:http://www.pgcon.org/2023/submissions.php
<http://www.pgcon.org/2022/submissions.php>

--
Dan Langille