[pgcon-announce] PGCon 2018 registration now open

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Apr 9 13:55:57 UTC 2018

Hello,

Join us for the 12th annual PGCon!

When?

	• Tutorials: 29-30 May 2018 (Tue & Wed)
	• Unconference: 30 May 2018 (Wed)
	• Talks: 31 May - 1 June 2018 (Thu-Fri)

Location

	• University of Ottawa, in the DMS (Desmarais) building.

Following on from last month's release of the list of talks, I am happy to announce that registration for
PGCon 2018 is now open.  You can register today at https://www.pgcon.org/2018/registration.php

PGCon is an annual conference for users and developers of PostgreSQL, a leading relational database, which
just happens to be open source. PGCon is the place to meet, discuss, build relationships, learn valuable insights,
and generally chat about the work you are doing with PostgreSQL. If you want to learn why so many people are
moving to PostgreSQL, PGCon will be the place to find out why. Whether you are a casual user or you've been
working with PostgreSQL for years, PGCon will have something for you.

The schedule can be found at https://www.pgcon.org/2018/schedule/

The conference begins with two days of tutorials on Tuesday.  The ever-popular unconference occurs on Wednesday.
Attended by both users and developers of PostgreSQL, this technical unconference concentrates on development issues.

What's an unconference? https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgConUnconferenceFAQ

Our talks range from 'ASSERTIONs and how to use them' to 'zheap: less bloat, fewer writes, and just plain smaller'.
On Thursday, we have the first day of talks, followed by the evening social event.  Friday is the second day of talks and
concludes with the entertaining annual charity auction. Come along and outbid your colleagues for fantastic PosgreSQL-related
items.  All proceeds from the auction go The Ottawa Mission - https://ottawamission.com/

See you at PGCon 2018.

Thanks to our sponsors

Fujitsu                - http://www.fujitsu.com/postgres