[pgcon-announce] PGCon 2016 - bus rerouting

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed May 4 20:55:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

In this note:

- Bus rerouting
- About PGCon
- The Unconferences
- If you meet our sponsors

* Bus rerouting

Many PGCon attendees take the city bus (OCTranspo) to and from the airport.
Please be aware that the routing has changed slightly because of construction.
The CAMPUS stop is closed for construction. We recommend using the Laurier
stop instead.  The following map is also available from our website on the Maps
page:

   https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1mwLKqt_XFF558zug6sXVeFk_524&usp=sharing

* About PGCon

PGCon 2016 will be held on 17-21 May (Tue-Sat) at University of Ottawa.

Tutorials will be on 17-18 May (Tue & Wed).

Talks/lectures will be on 19-20 May (Thu & Fri).

* The Unconferences

There will be two Unconferences.  Both are free, and anyone may attend.

The topics are decided by those who attend. Show up. Volunteer to talk.
Ask for a talk on a topic you are interested in.

  1 - Developer Unconference (Wed) - topics will be restricted to contributing to PostgreSQL and major features currently under development
  2 - User Unconference (Sat) - anything PostgreSQL related

What is an Unconference?  Read this: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgConUnconferenceFAQ <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgConUnconferenceFAQ>

* If you meet our sponsors

If you meet our sponsors, please thank them and mention you know they are
sponsoring PGCon 2016.

Fujitsu                - http://www.fujitsu.com <http://www.fujitsu.com/>
Heroku                 - http://www.heroku.com/
EnterpriseDB           - http://www.enterprisedb.com/